Shoutbox

Author Topic: Comments on Stories  (Read 192583 times)

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
Re: Comments on Stories
« Reply #1200 on: 05/14/21, 06:47:07 PM »
Thank you. :)
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: 05/19/21, 11:39:04 PM »
Looks like it's getting interesting for @ThyssenKrupp and his Vode (vod? vods? not exactly fluent in mandoa :grin:) in  Verd Ori'shya Beskar'gam.

However, I'd suggest putting in more line breaks and breaking the story up into multiple posts since it looks like it's going to run much longer than the current length.

@Joshmaul The Colonel's story looks interesting too, but I lack more context on his and Malagant's story.
« Last Edit: 05/19/21, 11:44:55 PM by Imazi »

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: 05/20/21, 10:25:40 AM »
Looks like it's getting interesting for @ThyssenKrupp and his Vode (vod? vods? not exactly fluent in mandoa :grin:) in  Verd Ori'shya Beskar'gam.

However, I'd suggest putting in more line breaks and breaking the story up into multiple posts since it looks like it's going to run much longer than the current length.

/+1 vote

When you go back and reedit the same post, the forum gives no indication that there has been an edit - there's no 'new post' tag on the thread. Which means no one else will have any idea if/when you've updated it - to go back and read what you added.  If Imazi hadn't posted this, I would have had no idea there had been any additions to your story - and I'm here every day.  People aren't going to track that on their own, even if they want to read your story. 

Also, they aren't inclined to reread the whole parts they've read to figure out what you edited in and that won't get 'better' (or easier) the more you add and edit into the single post.  As it gets longer, less and less people are going to make the effort to 'figure out' what's new and what isn't.  If you're fine with that - then ok - but just noting it.

So I join my voice/vote in encouraging you to make new additions separate posts as the story moves along; sort of 'chapters' if you want to think of the posts that way to help with formatting/OCD concerns.  That way those of us who would like to read the story can know that you've updated it as well as be able to  efficiently read the content without having to scan and hunt.

(also there is a word count limit on individual posts - I've hit it before!  So you could also run into that, depending on how long the post gets.)

Course you don't have to - these are just suggestions that would help with readability.

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

« Reply #1203 on: 05/20/21, 01:14:48 PM »
I was going to announce its completion in the shoutbox when I was done with it. And as it's meant to be a one-shot, I had no intentions of it being split into multiple chapters. If I hit the word limit then... I dunno. I guess we'll see if I feel like doing anything more with it or not.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: 05/21/21, 06:28:47 PM »
I was going to announce its completion in the shoutbox when I was done with it. And as it's meant to be a one-shot, I had no intentions of it being split into multiple chapters. If I hit the word limit then... I dunno. I guess we'll see if I feel like doing anything more with it or not.

Oh well that's fine then - to wait and then announce when its finished! Misunderstood the plan.

And yea, it was a pretty large word limit, but I do think I hit it once or twice when I was writing out stories.

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: 05/21/21, 09:42:53 PM »
Oh well that's fine then - to wait and then announce when its finished! Misunderstood the plan.

And yea, it was a pretty large word limit, but I do think I hit it once or twice when I was writing out stories.

It's huge but it is possible to hit.
« Last Edit: 05/21/21, 09:45:04 PM by Imazi »

« Reply #1206 on: 05/22/21, 12:52:07 AM »
( @Karmic @Imazi )
Looks like I managed to get under it, whatever it was! :nuu:

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: 05/22/21, 01:00:47 AM »
Yeah, you would have had to keep going quite a bit to hit it. You are good where you stopped. :)