Shoutbox

Author Topic: Jedi Night Guest Lecture Series  (Read 958 times)

Offline Jedibehr

• Founding member of Altaholics Anonymous
    • View Profile
Jedi Night Guest Lecture Series
« on: 06/02/14, 03:07:06 PM »
Hello All,

As was brought up in the thread regarding Membership standards, we need additional leaders of lecture.  Ideally, they would be more slashy type Jedi, as I believe Eswolyn and myself have the philosophy forcy side covered.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Urso

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Night Guest Lecture Series
« Reply #1 on: 06/02/14, 03:27:38 PM »
Ran-del might be able to offer some expertise on fighty-stuff...though his will likely be a bit less orthodox than Iaera's.  He also is pretty practiced at espionage and criminal tradecraft, PLUS he's fairly knowledgeable about Jedi history...I can think of some pretty interesting lectures I could give on Jedi history since the Exar Kun War.
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline Jedibehr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/02/14, 06:28:19 PM »
Thank you for the offer, would you be comfortable having a fighty style lecture this thursday night?  If so, you are on.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/02/14, 06:32:44 PM »
*remind Urso about Mal*

I know he's been trying to get details worked out for him to lecture at a Jedi Night; though  it MAY have been in healing but I could be wrong...

I know PMs were sent at one point and various conversations in game.

Right now his router is busted and he won't have another one till this weekend but poke him in PMs so he'll get back in touch with you when he's back online.  That's another lecturureee even if his topic is further out, or perhaps you can work out other ideas or topics (or even some type of duel/dual lecture  :evil: on various healing types or... whatever..)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06/02/14, 07:11:35 PM »
Unfortunately, this Thursday I have plans.  But, next week and beyond, I'm down!
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06/02/14, 07:38:40 PM »
So, definitely not in the next couple of weeks, but, summer is coming, and, even if he isn't a Custodum member, I was thinking that my full fledged Knight, a veteran shadow, Zurshufis, might be able to offer a couple of lectures. I have some ideas about one on Diplomacy, about cultural sensitivity, kind of about how to not completely ruin negociations in the first sixty seconds, and one on stealth techniques, maybe involving a kind of hide-and-seek activity or two. If people are interested, I could make myself available a bit earlier on a Thursday evening for this, maybe 8pm server time, towards the end of June or almost any Thursday in July or August.

What does a teacher do on summer holidays....rp being a teacher...  :grin:

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06/02/14, 08:11:42 PM »
Maerin could offer something on stealth and infiltration tactics- combat and Illusion Telepathy which her family has a hereditary Talent in .  Her step-son in law Daimren is classically trained in the Alderaanian Jedi saber dueling schools founded by the Quel-dromas, as well as the more acrobatic forms.  Still working out his IC rank, younger but started his training much younger that Maerin so very new knight or advanced Padawan about to do trials.

Prob a few weeks for me to be ready, but interested in helping out in lighter summer schedule.

(also still love to get any notes from Corellian lecture, if you have any)

Offline Jedibehr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06/03/14, 05:24:14 AM »
Thanks to all who offered future lectures.  Will keep this list.