Shoutbox

Linked Events

• Trooper campaign - Odd transmission: 04/19/14

• Signups have closed

Author Topic: Trooper campaign - Odd transmission  (Read 5075 times)

Offline Sasmi

• View Profile
Trooper campaign - Odd transmission
« on: 03/20/14, 02:39:25 PM »
April 19th 5 pm EST, 2 pm PST or server time in the BC.org chat room Deepspace.

Republic military is needing a squad to investigate odd transmissions from a deactivated deep space listening post.  The post should not be broadcasting any more and the transmissions are very strange binary messages.  A squad to investigate the transmissions is requested.

Hello,

I am going to be starting a trooper caampaign for the server.  It focuses on troopers but others can join in, read below.  It is all about the Republic and Republic only, just be aware.  I am a ESTer so I have to run it earlier and can not change the time much.  It will be a series of missions that will build up a campaign for Republic characters.  The details right now are scant but that's part of the fun.

If you are interested in playing feel free to post up a character sheet below using the following rules:

Use:

Regular BC Base 100 system with the standard 4 hit points listed in it
Traits 3
Please list ALL equipment your character will be carrying with you on person.  Generic terms of "standard loadout" will not be accepted.  You don't need to go to crazy but I want to get an idea so I can plan for enviromental hazards.

Players:
Any and all Republic character.  Neutral characters might find themselves under the heavy eye of military watch and SIS.  Imperials are not allowed as they are the bad guys in the story.

Player numbers:
I'll accept any that wish to show up and play.  I'll do my best with large groups.

Classes:

Troopers will get the most.  It's a trooper focused game and the enemies will geared around troopers.

Jedi will get some out of it.  You won't be interacting with the Jedi Council at all in game and it will all be military stuff.  Though, I do know they have worked together in the past.  I can't promise much saber on saber combat.

SIS will get a good bit out of the game.  There will be military intelligence missions in the game and I can balance some of it out nicely.

Smugglers/Neutral characters, I can't promise you will get much out of it.  You will not have a say in what goes on as this is a military game and you are a civilian.  I would recommend not bringing one of these characters and you may feel railroaded with the idea "this is a military operation".

I will also start RPing out the mission well before the game actually starts.  If you wish to know more, ICly what information  your character can collect or OOCly to get bits and pieces of information, PM me or post questions and I'll gladly share the intel with you that the Republic has collected.  You are then free to share it with your follow players.  Kind of like receiving a briefing packet from command when you take part in a mission.
« Last Edit: 03/21/14, 01:33:11 PM by Sasmi »

Offline Colton

• Parts Donor
  • I write. A lot.
    • View Profile
Re: Trooper campaign - Odd transmission
« Reply #1 on: 03/24/14, 10:03:05 AM »
I'll be at WonderCon that weekend, but I'd love to find out how this goes. :) For the Republic!
Saura Colton - Former Republic slicer/spy
Jace Colton - Captain of the Second Star (retired)
Drexa Nahir - Akar Enclave Master (deceased)

Offline Duntada Man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03/26/14, 04:15:47 AM »
I'm all in on this really. Been a long time since we've had some good RP for the people who embrace modern technology instead of crazy old religions and swords.
"Get rid of the smell, the rakghouls, the poisonous water, the swamp, the deadly gasses this place isn't so bad!"

Offline Sasmi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03/26/14, 06:38:23 AM »
There will be much interaction with tech and non-magical abilities. :lol:

Offline Duntada Man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03/29/14, 03:30:58 AM »
I haven't had a chance to make character sheets here before, so uhh... sorry if I do this wrong.

Ashandara Gallows-Former Doctor, dishonorably discharged soldier, Mercenary.
Traits-
Doctor-Despite her loss of license, and despite the fearsome reputation that might be created by seeing her resume, Ash is a fully trained surgeon, and medical doctor. She is mostly trained for short term trauma care, but has been running a hospital for over a year now and has picked up a great deal of long term care practices from her staff.

Defector- Ash was born an Imperial, and when inebriated or highly emotional she will slip back into her old accent. She still has her former military designation file active, but it is marked as belonging to a deceased Operative. It's not uncommon for living operatives to be marked deceased though in case of capture. This is not information she shares often, and she covers her birth with a Mantellian accent. She is familiar with Imperial Intelligence tactics and procedures and may even be able to fast talk past a few Imps here and there. This also means that she is watched constantly by anyone who finds out for any signs of betrayal. She's switched sides once, who's to say she won't do it again?

Flying knee of justice!- Ash has always been small. She's 5'2", always been under weight. However despite this she's dangerously strong. At most 50 pounds of her are the parts she was born with, everything else is combat grade cybernetics. She excels at hand to hand combat because of the maneuverability the implants and replacement limbs offer her. She can also lift massive loads without fatigue. One of her favorite practices is to launch herself at an enemy with a prosthetic leg in the lead to hopefully knock them out in one go or else get too close for gunfire. Her small stature also places her well below the center of gravity for most enemies. Unfortunately she is highly vulnerable to attacks focused on electronics. A series of EMPs could easily leave her entire body paralyzed and blind in one eye.

Standard mission load out:
Remotely operated field trauma droid, with enough kolto for four treatments.
Anti-vehicular assault cannon.
3 plasma grenades on adjustable time fuses.
2 concussion grenades with signal detonator.
1 cryo grenade, impact triggered.
1 standard thermal detonator.
Emergency field surgery kit, including 4 kolto soaked trauma gauze packs.
"Gently used" standard military issue body armour.
Emergency bio filter mask with up to 2 minutes of oxygen.
Several pairs of latex gloves. (Or whatever else is used to prevent us from sticking our hands in blood like savages.)
Rope. (Because no one else ever brings it.)
Maximum of 4 days rations. Since only about 50 pounds of her is actually meat, it doesn't tkae much to keep her fed.
(Huzzah for metal limbs.)

Okay hope that's not too much, she carries a lot of gear because she uses LOTS of explosives and has a tendency to also treat enemy wounded. She's also mostly metal now so she's strong enough to carry quit a bit.

I'll fix anything wrong here though.
« Last Edit: 03/29/14, 12:09:07 PM by Duntada Man »
"Get rid of the smell, the rakghouls, the poisonous water, the swamp, the deadly gasses this place isn't so bad!"

Offline Aredanus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03/29/14, 07:35:17 PM »
Aredanus Marr- Soldier, Leader, Isolationist

Traits-
Naturally Born Rifleman - Halmayians are just about born shooting a rifle, and Aredanus is no exception. He is naturally experienced with his own Arkas 520 or most other rifles and snipers scavenged in the field. But he does have some issues with other weapons.

Halmayian Strength - Aredanus, like most Halmayians, are quite thin and tall. Rather than short and stout as most would believe coming from a world almost completely covered in snow. This thin figure means Aredanus does not fair well in hand-to-hand combat. Although his energy bayonet is able to compensate at range.

A 'Cut' Above the Average - Aredanus over the years has mastered using his bayonet and rifle as if it were a polearm, giving him a bonus to all attacks far enough away to allow him to use it properly. Any closer and it becomes a nuisance.

Halmayian military loadout:
One(1) Halmayian Arkas 520 long-rifle with affixed advanced cortosis-weave bayonet for close in fighting against infantry and Sith
One(1) Halmayian Orlikan anti-armor launcher with five(5) Altan rockets (Similar to the PIAT Anti-tank launcher. But better)
Four(4) Halmayian R400 fragmentation grenades
Four(4) Halmayian MT30 Smoke Dispenser grenades
Two(2) Halmayian T825 Green Smoke Flares
Two(2) Halmayian T820 Red Smoke Flares
Halmayian body armor; rated to absorb a couple impacts from most standard issue blasters(Also doubles as a pressurization suit.)
One(1) Halmayian I190 Air Filtration Mask
Halmayian field rations for a week without resupply
Ten(10) Halmayian B49 Garin Door Breaching Charges. (A device similar in size to the ones used in Republic Commando)
One(1) small power generator

Halmayians are defenders and trench warriors. The standard loadout for the typical Halmayian soldier was modified after the end of the Occupation Wars on Halmaya by protocol 8576.43B authorized by Aredanus Marr. Protocol 8576.43B states (in summary) that all Halmayian soldiers (in case of separation from squad) must be fully equipped to fight against enemy forces under his/her own force. Meaning that all Halmayians need to be able to face their enemy alone, whether it be armor or infantry, and need to survive to do it.

EDIT: Added third perk and door breach charges, which are optional depending on if we want to pinch off pieces of Miller's Thermal Compound for door breaching or not.
« Last Edit: 04/19/14, 02:44:47 PM by Aredanus Marr »
Colonel of the 10/24th Guards Rifle Regiment

Dark Lord of the 509th Assault Battalion

Saviour and Destroyer of a thousand worlds and ten thousand battlefields

If not us, then who?

Offline Sasmi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04/02/14, 01:13:32 PM »
Looks good both you guys.  Just be careful with anti-armor and vehicle weapons.  Might blow a hole in a wall and vac the entire room.  :evil:

Offline Duntada Man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04/03/14, 05:34:34 AM »
Unfortunately yes. She's also not very accurate. Hence why she deal with hand to hand. "Are we all going to die if I miss? Time to punch people."

Offline Sasmi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04/03/14, 06:28:31 AM »
Unfortunately yes. She's also not very accurate. Hence why she deal with hand to hand. "Are we all going to die if I miss? Time to punch people."

Any trooper training and you will know what parts to hit and what to not with a heavy weapon I figure.

Offline Aredanus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04/03/14, 03:42:24 PM »
Looks good both you guys.  Just be careful with anti-armor and vehicle weapons.  Might blow a hole in a wall and vac the entire room.  :evil:

Sometimes there's just that one protocol droid you really want to go away.  :grin:

If not us, then who?

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04/03/14, 05:05:22 PM »
Have a fairly low-level Trooper I don't use much yet- as well as a Smuggler/Gunslinger who serves as the Acquisitions officer and Underworld/Lead Privateer for a Black Ops Trooper Guild- if Caben's connections could be useful to the story- more as a cameo or one off than long-term player. 

But I'll also promote this to my Guild, might be of particular interest to some of ours.   

Offline Sasmi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04/04/14, 07:01:11 AM »
They're very welcome to join in!

Offline Miller

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04/04/14, 07:33:14 AM »
Jay Archae: Corporal, Repairman, Practitioner of Deductive Reasoning.

Handy Man(Positive): Due to his Combat Engineer role in the RA, Jay is an experienced mechanic, giving him a +10 to rolls involving servicing.

You're No 11-B, Kid(Negative): As an Engineer, Jay often finds himself in the thick of the fight, doing everything he can to keep his men around, and their equipment functional. Put him at range, and he takes a -10 to combat rolls.

Keen Eye'd IndividualUnique: When it comes to looking around, and seeing what there's to be seen, Jay can't necessarily see more than anybody else, but he can read between the lines better, and sometimes sees something of import that everyone had brushed off as insignificant.

Equipment:

1 x Standard Republic 18C Armor Set
1 x [Name to be Added] Carbine
10 x Magazines for above weapon
2 x Standard Fragmentation Grenade
1 x Hydrospanner
15lbs x Thermal Compound
2 x Satchel Charges
2 x Ion Grenade
'It'd been a good night for Miller Turlim; he got his closure, got a nice meal, got laid, but of course, his subconscious wouldn't let him so easily escape to a state of elation.' - How did anyone ever let me post on this site.

Offline Aredanus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04/04/14, 03:02:46 PM »
15lbs x Thermal Compound

Just to recap. This is FIFTEEN POUNDS of HIGH EXPLOSIVE putty that he can stick somewhere and detonate. (I think.) I am ready for some fireworks.  :evil:

If not us, then who?

Offline Miller

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04/04/14, 04:34:40 PM »
Just to recap. This is FIFTEEN POUNDS of HIGH EXPLOSIVE putty that he can stick somewhere and detonate. (I think.) I am ready for some fireworks.

That is correct. He isn't carrying much else, and his job entails blowing things up.
'It'd been a good night for Miller Turlim; he got his closure, got a nice meal, got laid, but of course, his subconscious wouldn't let him so easily escape to a state of elation.' - How did anyone ever let me post on this site.