Shoutbox

Author Topic: My Progression Raid Group is Looking for a New Tank!!  (Read 827 times)

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
Hey guys!

For those who don't know, I am in/I run a progression raid group through my guild Imperial Northwestern Front. What's a progression raid? It's basically a raid that goes through the toughest content through the game. Usually it consists of people who know their classes really and are willing to grow them in a team, pve environment.  It involves commitment outside of raid via learning your class, studying on boss mechanics, participating in forum strategy discussions, and being a fun and reliable team player when it's crunch time.

My raid group is currently focusing on the last boss of Dread Fortress Hardmode, which is a very tough boss to fight, and we have tank slot opening. While we have substitute players to fill it for now, we'd greatly like to get a permanent person.

Raid Information:

NAME: Bikini Speederwash Massacre (BSM)

MISSION: To become one of the top raid groups on the server without being elitists. BSM is a group of determined players who work hard to be viable contenders of all current and future content with both great teamwork and positive dedication.

Guild Association: Imperial Northwestern Front (INWF)

SCHEDULE: Mondays and Thursdays, 8:15-10:15 PM PST

Currently Clearing: Dread Fortress HM, working on the last boss

What We're Looking For:

A good tank to contribute in getting us through Dread Fortress and Dread Palace (Powertech, Juggernaut, and Assassin).

The person we're looking for will have:
  • Gear: You know what mitigation stats your class needs, and are working already towards meeting those numbers. Atleast 69-72 (Arkanian/Black Market- Underworld/Verpine) gear; at best 72-78 (78s are Oriconian/Dread Forged) fully augmented with good Relics (UW SA, UW BA, and/or Obroan Relic of Focused Retribution at least)
  • Skill: You know how tanking for PVE works in SWTOR, as well as how to best tank with the class you use. We're doing DF HM and DP HM- not the place nor time to learn class
How to Apply:
  • Apply to Imperial North Western Front's website see: inwf.enjin.com/recruitment
  • Talk to one of the raid leaders: Noxturna (Noxturna, Caedusios, Crimsèn), Bow'ar, or Seiei
  • Leave in this forum or INWF's application a profile of your gear. A profile can be made on http://askmrrobot.com OR you can write out all the gear your toon has, and break it down into its parts. Format for things like helmets and weapons should be Armouring or Hilt or Barrel/Mod/Enhancement/Crystal (if MH or OH)/augment; Earpieces and Implants should just have the name and what stats; and then list the relics.
  • Come run with us one night and see how well you fit!

Common Q & As:

Q: Do I have to be in INWF to join BSM?
A: No, you do not. While INWF would be glad to have you, guild affiliation isn't important for progression raiding; knowing your stuff in terms of class and tanking is. However, you will have to join the website as we are a very forum-heavy progression raid; therefore, you'll need to be on the forums for strategy discussion, announcements, posting gear updates, and etc.

Q: What things are more negotiable?
A: We're willing to take people whose gear isn't quite mostly 72s/Underworld/Verpine. What's really key in progression raiding is the skills of the player. 75% of the time skill wins out over gear. What we aren't negotiable on is poor contribution to the team as a whole in terms of things like attitude, trying to build your character, and being unreliable.

Q: Should I have cleared the storymode versions of the operations prior to applying?
A: While this is an ideal, no.  While some experience clearing 55 operations is an awesome thing to have, people have joined BSM who weren't familiar with our current operation. As long as you can follow the instructions and adapt to different mechanics fast, you will do fine.

Q: What if I have more questions than these 3?
A: Ask them in your reply to this forum post, or come find Crimsèn (alt-138) or Bow'ar or Seiei in game.

Ilireth

Re: My Progression Raid Group is Looking for a New Tank!!
« Reply #1 on: 03/25/14, 11:50:51 AM »
Argh! Frustration!

As an Assassin Tank main looking for a progression group to jump into, I'm extremely interested in this sorta stuff.

Trouble is, I could never commit to those times: Work has eaten it.

But, I'm certain some folks are looking around then, so cheers and good luck!

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03/25/14, 12:19:52 PM »
Argh! Frustration!

As an Assassin Tank main looking for a progression group to jump into, I'm extremely interested in this sorta stuff.

Trouble is, I could never commit to those times: Work has eaten it.

But, I'm certain some folks are looking around then, so cheers and good luck!

Thanks Ilireth!!! Maybe you can join us as a sub someday? Especially now that you said never... It may happen :D

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03/25/14, 12:36:55 PM »
BUT Ilireth, you did point me to a website where people go on to organize raids. Are there any regular tanks on that website that would be interested in running with BSM?

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03/25/14, 02:08:09 PM »
If you got pointed to Leftovers (Shameless Plug: http://leftoversraiding.org/index.php ) I would Either /Cjoin Leftovers or contact some of the raid leads there on the Imperial side. They might have folks who have a tank they'd like to run a prog with. The Folks on Leftovers are all great raiders and I have enjoyed running with them immensely.

the Darkest Hour Prog groups are currently running the same content atm (Last bosses of HM DP and DF), and I know a couple of the other groups are at about the same point as well. However, I know a /lot/ of people have alts they've gotten to the point where they can do HM stuff, or who are mains looking to get into a prog opening (much like Ilireth is), or run HMs in general (prog or not).

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03/25/14, 02:45:08 PM »
Hi Aylaa,

Thanks for the suggestion!! I will try and get into that community.  I wonder how I can advertise BSM...